Thursday 22 October 2015

ESPKU Conference, Day 1 - Part 2

So we arrived at the conference hotel earlier than the expected time, as people who worked with Nutrica all around the world wanted an introduction session to welcome us.
I then met a wide range of PKU's, it was very overwhelming! I was shaking hands with people from, Croatia, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, France and of course Germany! I had never been with such a wide range of people in all my life! But everyone was friendly, I think everyone was excited to see more PKU's across the world.
The cooking section for the welcoming party was how to make low protein Sushi.
Needless to say I was sceptical! How can you have sushi without fish?! Is that even possible? 
The chef showing us was from Germany and he explained you can use the low protein rice, the seaweed wrapping you can still use as its low in protein and instead of fish you just use different selections of vegetables, cucumber, pepper, radish, carrot etc.
The chef made it look effortless, using the rice, vegetables, seaweed sheets and using the bamboo mats to roll it all together. He finished with a beautiful product of sushi.
However... When it was our turn it was a different story! It really is amazing how someone can make something look so easy but it's only when you try it yourself, you can see the real skill needed to end with an amazing product.
Either way, everyone agreed the sushi tasted delicious and I'm shocked to say I will definitely be trying this at home! It's simple, healthy, delicious and actually a lot of fun!

 



I've met lots of new people and have already made friends with a few of the people from Ireland, which is really lovely, as I do have family roots there. I look forward to tomorrow, when the conference starts properly and the talks begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment